There are no current job openings at Inland Empire Waterkeeper.
Please refer back to this page periodically for future opportunities.
Environmental Education & Outreach Internship:
Inland Empire Waterkeeper is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to support River KATS: Kid Activism Through Science, our K-12 education program. This position reports to the education coordinator and helps with in-class presentations, preparing curriculum, and organizing field trips that teaches students about our local watershed, water science, pollution prevention, and more.
- Assist with the development and the implementation of in-class presentations and hands-on field trips
- Support outreach programs and events (science fairs, environment fairs, local conferences, etc.) by staffing a booth and conducting activities
- Generate written content that supports Waterkeeper’s outreach and social media efforts, which may include social media posts, press releases, and updates on Waterkeeper’s blog
- Assist with all logistical duties that may pertain to the River KATS program which may include scanning documents and waivers, grading assessments, conducting inventory of education supplies, and filing paperwork
- Work with fellow interns and staff to support interconnected education components of their work
Applicants must be enrolled in college and in the process of obtaining a degree in science and/or education fields or can be a recent graduate. Highest priority will be given to those seeking to complete an internship for college credit. Applicants should have experience working with students, excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to engage students and teachers alike. Computer proficiency is a must.
Must be available 10 hours a week and commit to coming in at least 2 days a week. Preference will be given to those who are available between Monday-Thursday from 8 am until 1 pm. Weekends are sometimes required for outreach events, but are minimal.
This position is unpaid but intern will receive at least 120 hours of internship time towards a university major or graduation requirement. Qualified candidates may e-mail Isabel Hernandez at Isabel@iewaterkeeper.org with their resume.